Outdoor Lounge Chairs & Hammocks for the Patio
Comfortable lounge chairs are an important part of any patio. Whether you're using the space to host parties or as a relaxing place to unwind, you're going to want it to be comfortable and welcoming. Having the perfect place to kick up your feet will make all the difference. More
Hasler Deep Seating Double Chaise with Ottoman Fabric: Canvas Antique Beige
Aquia Creek 4 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Color: Brown / Off-White
Baden 4 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushion Finish: Amber, Fabric: Monti Leaf
Baden 6 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Finish: Dark Roast, Fabric: Eastbay Pompeii
Ballew Outdoor Wicker 6 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Finish: Natural
Billington 6 Piece Fire Pit Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Green
Billington 6 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Silver Lining
Burliegh Modern Solid 9 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Blue
Burliegh Modern Striped 9 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: White/Blue
Burliegh Solid 5 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Ginko Green
Burliegh Solid 9 Piece Wood Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Black
Burliegh Striped 5 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Red/White
Burliegh Striped 6 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Red/White
Burliegh Striped 7 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: Red/White
Burliegh Striped 9 Piece Lounge Seating Group with Cushions Fabric: White/Blue
What to Consider When Choosing Patio Lounge Chairs
There are three main features to factor in before settling on any chair: comfort, material and versatility. Knowing what you want out of your patio and how much you're willing to spend will make your search easier as well.
Someone who enjoys rearranging their space season after season will choose different patio lounge chairs than someone who wants an uncomplicated place to hang out with their closest friends. Some types of entertaining and decorating will also require a bigger budget.
Cushions for Comfort
No matter if you plan to spend all of summer in your patio lounge chair or only use it a few days out of the year, you'll want to be comfortable. Outdoor furniture cushions are made with many different materials, from durable vinyl to indoor/outdoor synthetics and even breathable cotton. Each material has its plusses and minuses. As you would for indoor furniture, test out different chair paddings for depth, comfort and maintenance instructions before making a purchase.
Patio Lounge Chair Materials
Patio furniture is available in a variety of materials, and each type has its benefits and drawbacks:
- Stainless Steel - This metal is durable and able to withstand harsh weather. However, it can be hard to store or transport.
- Coated Aluminum - Lightweight and strong, this metal does not rust and withstands harsh weather easily. Powder coatings mimic the look of pricer metals, take care to keep the coating intact to maintain the look of your piece.
- Plastic - Usually the most affordable of all the options, plastic patio lounge chairs are easy to clean. Unfortunately, this material isn't very resilient and easily blows away in strong winds.
- Wrought Iron - Though heavy and long-lasting, wrought iron can rust over time.
- Synthetic Resin - A favorite patio lounge chair material, synthetic resin is durable and weather resistant. However, it can be hard to maintain and is on the pricey side.
- Teak - An excellent option for people who want a classic style for their patio. Teak is durable and can last as long as 50 years, but the upkeep may be a turn-off.
In order to get the most out of your patio lounge chairs, look for versatility. Pieces that serve different purposes help you get more for your money. For example, chairs with removable cushions let you swap out solid colors for something bolder. Cozy armchairs are also great for curling up with a book or pulling up to a dining table when you need extra seating.
Additionally, you'll want to look for patio lounge chairs that are easy to store or cover during the off-season. This keeps your furniture looking beautiful for a much longer period of time.