Get Started with Getting Organized
Organizing your home doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Here are some simple steps you can take from professional organizers:
- Choose the room or space you want to tackle first, like your bedroom, for example.
- Identify one spot in that space, like a dresser drawer.
Take all the items from that space and spread them out.
- Throw out anything that is broken, ripped or stained.
- Donate any items you no longer use.
- Take anything that doesn’t belong in this space and put it where it does belong.
- Put all the remaining items where they belong.
Take Your Organization to the Next Level
As you organize the different rooms in your home, you may find that you don’t have places for everything. This is where storage furniture, like bookcases and sideboards, can be very helpful. And, if you don’t have additional space for furnishings like that, you might want to consider pieces that serve double duty, like a storage bed or storage ottoman.
Check out these posts for more tips for using furniture to organize your home:
- Neaten Up with Living Room Storage Furniture!
- It’s Time to Think Dining Room Storage
- Furniture Designed for Style and Purpose
Category: Design Tips